Effective December 15, 2023
Changes to this Policy. We may change this Policy from time to time, and such changes will be effective upon our posting a new version on the Website. We will also update the date at the top of this Policy to reflect the effective date of any such changes, and we encourage you to periodically review this Policy for any updates. Your continued use of the Website and/or creation of an account after we have posted an updated version of this Policy will automatically constitute your acceptance of such version.
Information We Collect and Receive. We may collect and process some or all of the following types of information about you:
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that could be directly associated with you, or used to contact or identify you, without the aid of additional information, including, without limitation, your name, age, date of birth, gender, address, email address, profession, industry, telephone number, and certain you provide on the Website, and the recipient and content of messages you send through the Website.
- Usage Information. “Usage Information” means information that is not Personal Information, but that relates to your usage of the Website or that is necessary for the proper functioning or improvement of the Website, including: (i) times and dates and the extent of your usage of the Website; (ii) time zone, language, screen resolution, and other usage preferences you select when using the Platform; (iii) device keyboard settings; (iv) the content you view, like, comment on, share, follow, message, and otherwise interact with, as well as the foregoing that other users do with respect to your account and/or user content; (v) usage history such as areas and pages within the Website that you access or use and/or which buttons in the Website you click on; (vi) search terms you type in on the Website; (vii) the URL or advertisement that may have referred you to the Website; (viii) the search terms you entered into a search engine or app store that may have led you to the Website; (viii) the mobile platform or service provider you use, and (ix) other device and Website access information such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, referring/exit pages, and other unique device identifiers, as well as your push notification token.
While Usage Information is non-identifying on a standalone basis, we may in certain instances combine this information with other information collected on the Website. If we ever combine non-identifying information with Personal Information or other information that enables you to be identified, we will treat such combined information as Personal Information. We do not currently use your Personal Information for automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
How We Collect and Receive Information. We collect Personal Information and Usage Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided Directly By You. When you create an account, upload or post content, transmit messages using the Website, subscribe for a newsletter, fill out Website forms or otherwise contact us, you may choose to provide us Personal Information. The Website and its servers also automatically collect certain Usage Information as you interact with the Website.
How We Use Information. We use Personal Information in the following ways:
- for the purposes for which you provided it to us (e.g., to manage your subscription, create or update your account, register you for promotions, newsletters, or events, or process transactions, as applicable);
- to respond to your inquiries and communications;
- to improve, maintain, and operate the Website;
- to inform you about opportunities, events, or services in which you may be interested, including those offered by our affiliates;
- to investigate and prevent possible fraud;
- to exercise or defend our rights and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, including responding to lawful requests for information by governmental authorities; and
- for other reasons with your prior consent.
You can opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the unsubscribe, opt-out, or similar link at the bottom of any such emails. Please note we may still contact you for non-marketing reasons (e.g., in connection with your membership, events you have registered for or attended, or any other transactions involving you).
We may use Usage Information (which does not identify you personally) for any manner we deem appropriate, including without limitation to improve, maintain, and operate the Website.
How We Share Information. We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates and as needed to fulfill the purposes described in the “How We Use Information” section above, including:
- with other users to fulfill your messages and posts on the Website;
- with third parties involved in sponsoring, offering, or administering a sweepstakes, contests, or promotions in connection with the Website, or to the public in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list;
- with our service providers, such as email service providers, customer support providers, and payment processors, who are only permitted to use the data on our behalf;
- as necessary to exercise or defend our rights or comply with applicable law or orders from law enforcement and other governmental authorities; and
- to other third parties with your prior consent.
Additionally, in the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets or business, one of the assets that would generally be transferred is the data we have collected, which would be transferred subject to the applicable version of this Policy.
We may disclose Usage Information (which does not identify you personally) to any parties and for any purposes we deem appropriate.
European Union Users. European Union data protection law requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining Personal Information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Areas (“EEA”). Our lawful basis for collecting such information about you is permitted under Article 6, Sections 1(a), 1(b), 1(c) and 1(f) of the EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), which are summarized below.
- Consent: In certain cases, you have affirmatively provided us with your consent to collect your Personal Information for a specific purpose, such as providing your email address when you create your Account or making certain User Content publicly available on the Website.
- Contract: We may need your Personal Information to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Website, such as fulfilling any future subscription based, or other transactional, services.
- Legal Obligations: Sometimes the law requires us to collect and use your Personal Information, such as applicable tax laws that may require us to retain records of payments made through the Website.
- Legitimate Interests: We have fair reason to use your Personal Information and we do so in ways which do not harm your interests and rights, such as to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests. Such ways are described in the “How We Use Information” and “How We Share Information” sections of this Policy.
To the extent established under applicable law, European Union or Swiss residents may have the right:
- to access, review, and update their Personal Information;
- to restrict our processing of their Personal Information;
- to request that we provide them a copy of, or access to, their Personal Information in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (or that we transfer their Personal Information to another controller, when technically feasible);
- to withdraw their consent when our processing of their Personal Information is based on consent (and not another legitimate basis);
- to request that we delete their Personal Information (subject to certain limitations); and
- to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the EU. Before you do this, we ask that you please contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
To make any of the above requests, please contact us as set forth at the end of this Policy. We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your Personal Information, you may be charged a fee to the extent permitted by law.
Cookies. If you have permitted your computer to accept “cookies,” we may use “cookies” to keep, and sometimes track, information about you. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser or related software and apps, from a Web server and stored on your mobile device, or computer’s hard drive. Cookies track where you travel on our Website and what you look at, transact and favorite. They may store the information in your account, and/or your Username and/or password, and we may use them to deliver specific messages to you (for example, to announce a new property that was added since the last time you visited the Website). A cookie may enable us to link your use of our Website to other information about you, including your Personal Information. All of these purposes serve to improve and personalize your experience on our Website. Most Web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, the Website or certain areas or features of the Website.
Do Not Track Requests. Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Location and Security. We are based in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to and stored in the United States. The security of your information is important to us, and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with applicable laws. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and any transmission is at your own risk. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it, and to keep such Information confidential (unless it is non-confidential by nature, for example, publicly available information or information you post on public portions of the Website). In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. If you ever discover inaccuracies in our data or if your Personal Information changes, we urge you to notify us immediately. Children. The Website is not directed toward children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information, the parent or guardian should contact us as set forth at the end of this Policy, and we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such data from our systems (subject to any applicable, legally required or permitted, retention standards).
Contacting Us. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the ways in which we collects and uses your information described above and generally, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under applicable privacy law, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com.